Thoughts on Physeo?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1066189

Especially compared to Boards and Beyond? It seems like most students use it for Physiology, but it's quickly becoming a "one stop shop competitor". I'll be an OMS-1 heading into a systems based curriculum (though first three months are molecular and cellular mechanisms), so I am not sure if it's worth trying out both.

Also...what are the best M1 q-banks? I can't imagine I would be using UWORLD.

Thanks for any opinions or advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Only viewed the uploaded vids on YouTube from Physeo, definitely wasn't bad from what I remember.

For free YouTube vids, I highly recommend Dirty Medicine for specific high yield topics that he's covered. It wont necessarily be enough for class, but to get the feel for some material, I think it's great.

BnB is definitely worth it as it encompasses pretty much everything (anatomy, phys, biochem, path, pharm etc) to some extent.

Pathoma will be your friend whenever Path comes along in your curruculum.

I haven't taken STEP yet but am a firm believer in starting UWorld early, definitely not 1st year though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I think both are great resources and I have used both.

Boards and Beyond lectures are a little quicker and more a summary of the important information. Some people say that the videos are more like First Aid read out loud.

Physeo takes a little more time to explain the concepts and tries to connect related ideas with examples (will explain pharmacology in their physiology videos).

You should definitely try both out to see which teaching style you like more. I think Physeo has more free videos. If you sign up for an AMA student membership(<$100 for 4 years), then you can get 9 months of boards and beyond for free.

I think the biggest advantage of boards and beyond (BnB) is that a premade Anki deck called light year exists that goes along with each video. You can download the deck through this reddit link. Physeo also had a premade Anki deck, but it’s not as good.

I wouldn’t worry about Qbanks until M2. Both Physeo and Boards and Beyond have questions that go along with their videos. Other good qbanks that people use during M2 are UWorld, AMBOSS, USMLE-RX, and Kaplan.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users