Thoughts/Questions on DAT Achiever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fit2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Soooo I took my second Achiever test and I just hate this program lolol.
Okay I know people say it's a bit harder than the DAT but honestly I'm wondering why some thought it was good practice?
I honestly find the sciences just as useless as Crack DAT Science. Their PAT is so unclear...keyholes aren't hard you just can't see the slopes in most cases. Is that the case with the real DAT?
Math is okay I think it's the only okay subject in my opinion.

Reading....should I even go there haha?

What do you guys think? Anyone who took the test recently and used Acheiver? Or someone who is using achiever?

(I know the polls show Achiever is a few points lower than the real test but I suppose I'm asking how did you guys use Achiever to study? Because I don't find it useless right now. Also is Topscore the same as DAT Achiever or is it a better software?)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi fit2, what did you score on the first two tests? I was about to ask you this too. For me I just treat every question like destroyer and press on with more fervent studies. I'm not sure if bootcamp tests get easier. Yesterday when I took another bc test and my scores improved 1 to 3 points on the average especially the PAT. I guess the scores shouldn't matter much as long as they are making you work harder. There go my two cents.

Soooo I took my second Achiever test and I just hate this program lolol.
Okay I know people say it's a bit harder than the DAT but honestly I'm wondering why some thought it was good practice?
I honestly find the sciences just as useless as Crack DAT Science. Their PAT is so unclear...keyholes aren't hard you just can't see the slopes in most cases. Is that the case with the real DAT?
Math is okay I think it's the only okay subject in my opinion.

Reading....should I even go there haha?

What do you guys think? Anyone who took the test recently and used Acheiver? Or someone who is using achiever?

(I know the polls show Achiever is a few points lower than the real test but I suppose I'm asking how did you guys use Achiever to study? Because I don't find it useless right now. Also is Topscore the same as DAT Achiever or is it a better software?)
All those positive posts about Achiever were fake, and have now been deleted by moderators. Achiever was posting fake positive reviews. I have a friend who purchased Achiever and said it really was a terrible product, with numerous errors and completely not applicable to the DAT.

Order: BIO/GCHEM/OCHEM/PAT/RC/QR/AA/TS

1st Test: 21/19/21/19/17/24/21/20
2nd Test: 19/18/20/19/18/20/19/19

2nd test was harder than the first one. I'm so disappointed about the sciences to be honest especially the chems. Bio I don't like how they word the questions and ugh sometimes their questions annoy me. I'm taking a Top Score tomorrow to get a break from Achiever lolol

I really like Bootcamp. Unlike many people I used them from the very beginning instead of a "testing" tool. Man I wish the test will be like Bootcamp. I took the full length Bootcamp test (this was the second time going through them because I already did the sections individually) and I got a 29 on the TS. I love how their questions are clear and just...test stuff how I learned it. Is Bootcamp more similar to sciences than Achiever on the real DAT?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Order: BIO/GCHEM/OCHEM/PAT/RC/QR/AA/TS

1st Test: 21/19/21/19/17/24/21/20
2nd Test: 19/18/20/19/18/20/19/19

2nd test was harder than the first one. I'm so disappointed about the sciences to be honest especially the chems. Bio I don't like how they word the questions and ugh sometimes their questions annoy me. I'm taking a Top Score tomorrow to get a break from Achiever lolol

I really like Bootcamp. Unlike many people I used them from the very beginning instead of a "testing" tool. Man I wish the test will be like Bootcamp. I took the full length Bootcamp test (this was the second time going through them because I already did the sections individually) and I got a 29 on the TS. I love how their questions are clear and just...test stuff how I learned it. Is Bootcamp more similar to sciences than Achiever on the real DAT?

I think you're going to nail the DAT if these were your first attempted scores. But you should continue to remain in the militant mode till the whole thing is over. I kind of recall some of those ambiguous questions you probably meant here. If they ever appeared on your DAT, beware of getting time trapped then. I had some of those questions that require educated guesses. Just cross out what you think was wrong; pick an answer quick and mark it for later review.

I think you're going to nail the DAT if these were your first attempted scores. But you should continue to remain in the militant mode till the whole thing is over. I kind of recall some of those ambiguous questions you probably meant here. If they ever appeared on your DAT, beware of getting time trapped then. I had some of those questions that require educated guesses. Just cross out what you think was wrong; pick an answer quick and mark it for later review.
haha Thanks for the encouragement. Honestly, I missed more than half the questions on the Gen Chem section cause I wasn't paying being careful enough. All their calculations make me super short on time so I just had to rush. Their content wasn't that hard like I thought it would be.

haha Thanks for the encouragement. Honestly, I missed more than half the questions on the Gen Chem section cause I wasn't paying being careful enough. All their calculations make me super short on time so I just had to rush. Their content wasn't that hard like I thought it would be.

It actually gets harder on tests 4 & 5. But seriously how did you manage to pull an 18/19 on Gen Chem with more than half the questions missed? Did you just guess on them and still get these "decent" scores?

Sorry I meant to say half of the question I missed on Gen Chem section. I missed 8 questions I think. And 4 of those were silly mistakes. It's just that their problems were so much math I was under a lot of pressure of not finishing (lolol). Instead of timing , I should have done Achiever with double time. Time is usually not an issue for me so I would have gotten more out of it. oh well...I will look over the ones I missed closely so that I don't make the same mistake in the future.

I reaaaaally tried hard not to make stupid mistakes on the third test. I can see some improvement in reading and PAT. Bio and Gen Chem were still annoying. Ochem I missed 3/4 because I didn't pay close enough attention lol.

My third Achiever was: 19/19/23/20/19/22/20/20
(Order BIO/GCHEM/OCHEM/PAT/RC/QR/AA/TS)

I have yet to see if Achiever was useful to me. I took the first Top Score and despite the sketchiness I liked that test so much lol I needed a little confidence boost afte rthis Achiever week (hard week haha)

It actually gets harder on tests 4 & 5. But seriously how did you manage to pull an 18/19 on Gen Chem with more than half the questions missed? Did you just guess on them and still get these "decent" scores?
Did you buy all the tests DAT Achiever has to offer?
Did you like the software/did it help you?

Did you buy all the tests DAT Achiever has to offer?
Did you like the software/did it help you?

I bought the 7 pack and still debating whether or not to get the 10 tests. I wouldn't say I like it but it did help me getting more structured in excruciating way. Hey you're supposed to test my knowledge, not "trick" me.

haha. yeah i think i'm good with 3. I got top score too so I have plenty of problems. I don't have time for anymore tests anyway DAT in 10 days and still have a few left