Thoughts Vanderbilt PM&R residency?

Started by Sea Otter
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sea Otter

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any thoughts on Vandy's residency program? I know it's new and likely to go through some growing pains but it is also part of a solid institution. I was hoping someone who interviewed there or has had experience interacting with the department in some capacity might be able to share. I'm interested in sports and they have a nice fellowship from what I can tell. And ending up in Nashville would be a good landing spot for me.

Thanks in advance!


Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
 
I went to the interview not sure what to expect but was really impressed on interview day there. The attendings are all from well respected programs and I believe some of them have started a residency program in the past. The current residents came to our night before dinner and gave us a tour. They were all personable, smart, and seemed happy to be there (they are still in their prelim year and haven't started all of their pm&r rotations). The only thing I kind of wondered about was that the rehab hospital seemed to have quite a few empty rooms on the day I interviewed. Not sure if that was just bad timing or if they really aren't busy. They weren't my #1 choice because it is far from family, but they were pretty high up there.
 
Last edited:
I went to the interview not sure what to expect but was really impressed on interview day there. The attendings are all from well respected programs and I believe some of them have started a residency program in the past. The current residents came to our night before dinner and gave us a tour. They were all personable, smart, and seemed happy to be there (they are still in there prelim year and haven't started all of their pm&r rotations). The only thing I kind of wondered about was that the rehab hospital seemed to have quite a few empty rooms on the day I interviewed. Not sure if that was just bad timing or if they really aren't busy. They weren't my #1 choice because it is far from family, but they were pretty high up there.

Thank you for sharing your experience!






Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad