Thoughts??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slkbld12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
17AA
16TS
26 PAT

3.1 GPA
3.0 sGPA

-100+ shadowing hours
-predental club
-mission trip (dental related)
-eboard position in a dental club
-many volunteering events
-dental assistant as a job in gap year
-pre-dental bootcamp
-relay for life
-etc (I have a lot of extra curriculars)

What do you think my chances are having a low DAT, low GPA but high PAT and a lot of extra curriculars that show a lot of dedication?? Honest opinions

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don't think your high PAT score makes up for the 16 TS and 17 AA at all.....great EC's + shadowing though

Members don't see this ad :)
With a 3.0 your DAT would need to be a 22 AA minimum. You're going to need to retake.

Definitely retake DATs and aim high. A low TS will show that you may not be ready for the rigorous coursework in dental school.

To be honest, I think you'll waste your money if you apply with these scores. I would use that money to register for DAT and purchase study materials. Best of luck!!

the DAT sucks. But I think you have to retake it... good news is you still have time to do better and retake it by like early June so you can get your application in early

My first thought was that you should have spent less time on your EC's and more time on your GPA and DAT. Retake the DAT.

I think most schools won't even consider looking at a 17aa and 16ts with 3.0gpa unless maybe it's Howard

Reactions: 1 users