Thread for people who got acceptance e-mails in error

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacist5870

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So two years ago I got an e-mail saying I was in to St. Johns then they sent one apologizing for the incorrect info, and that I was denied. Ouch. This year I got into another school, but a week later I was notified I have been put on the top tier of the alternate list. So anybody else get errors like this?:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

Well, not for pharmacy school but definitely for undergrad. There was this school that I was completely in love with that I invested all of my emotions in. I was so confident that I was going to be accepted, but they rejected me. To add insult to injury they sent me a welcoming packet after being rejected. They sent a letter of apology, but it still was hurtful. At least it was the other way around for you.

So two years ago I got an e-mail saying I was in to St. Johns then they sent one apologizing for the incorrect info, and that I was denied. Ouch. This year I got into another school, but a week later I was notified I have been put on the top tier of the alternate list. So anybody else get errors like this?:smuggrin:

whoa! happened to you twice!

i would imagine that the chances of receiving 1 acceptance email by accident is very small...but to to receive two???...geez, rough.

i heard something like this happened a few years ago from western univ in california. not sure about details though...

goodluck!

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL i still stand a very good chance on getting in. Within the top 10 on the alternate list, but lawsuit sounds good otherwise lol.

One of my friends was rejected and made the phone call to figure out why. Upon talking to some adcoms, the adcom in question couldn't figure out why she was rejected. In the end, she was accepted. I don't know if this situation is like the one you describe where the error is a matter of a mixup, but stuff happens.

One of my friends was rejected and made the phone call to figure out why. Upon talking to some adcoms, the adcom in question couldn't figure out why she was rejected. In the end, she was accepted. I don't know if this situation is like the one you describe where the error is a matter of a mixup, but stuff happens.

ya, I don't know...I talked to the assistant dean and she didn't bring up the e-mail. All she said was that this school is on a rolling admission process, but don't see how that's an excuse for sending an acceptance e-mail lol.

I guess mistakes do happen. It seems really unprofessional though and would probably turn me off from that school.

Last year I got a letter from a school with my name on the outside of the envelope but some other poor guy's rejection letter. When I called them about they apologized profusely and said another letter was on its way. A few days later I got my rejection letter.

Last year I got a letter from a school with my name on the outside of the envelope but some other poor guy's rejection letter. When I called them about they apologized profusely and said another letter was on its way. A few days later I got my rejection letter.

haha the way u said it makes it funny; a few days later i got my rejection letter. lol. sucks, but funny. would have been bad if that guys letter was an acceptance and u didnt realize the incorrect name. wow that would really suck.

ya found out today they over-sent the acceptance e-mails.

I think every school does that. Sort of like how airlines overbook their flights. You can count on a certain percentage, on average of course, not taking the offer. This is why when you get the acceptance letter and it's a school you really wanted to go to, you send in the deposit that day so it gets there and you beat out the other people still competing for a spot.

I think every school does that. Sort of like how airlines overbook their flights. You can count on a certain percentage, on average of course, not taking the offer. This is why when you get the acceptance letter and it's a school you really wanted to go to, you send in the deposit that day so it gets there and you beat out the other people still competing for a spot.

never got the official letter. so couldnt send in the check. they accidently sent too many. she admitted this.

Thats like being told you have a job then they call you back and say sike a mike.. we made a booboo... You can not tell someone you let them in your school then take the offer back. I would argue to say I made preparations as soon as I heard I was accepted and now I have to cancel everything. What if the next day you called up and signed a lease to an apartment as well as bought a new car to commute. That is very careless of an institution.

How much money would you ask for?

and...would you re-apply to that school???

if anything, i would talk to the school, not a lawyer

Thats like being told you have a job then they call you back and say sike a mike.. we made a booboo... You can not tell someone you let them in your school then take the offer back. I would argue to say I made preparations as soon as I heard I was accepted and now I have to cancel everything. What if the next day you called up and signed a lease to an apartment as well as bought a new car to commute. That is very careless of an institution.