-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
thX
Started by Mocizzle12345
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Take a look at your Student Handbook. It should have a section on reporting crimes.
Agree with above. Look at the student handbook. Legal issues are asked about fairly often here on the forums, and it's often tough for us to give definitive advice. Having a lawyer helps. Paying attention to wording matters: I'm not trying to be patronizing, but accused, convicted, arrested, etc. are all obviously different in terms of reporting responsibilities. The warrant part sounds a little concerning to me. Hopefully you get that worked out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mocizzle12345
New Member
I’ve read it, and it’s very ambiguously written. To summarize they retain the right do as they please judicially after they conduct their own investigation. It doesn’t seem like they’re bothered by me not reporting it since I haven’t hid anything intentionally.Agree with above. Look at the student handbook. Legal issues are asked about fairly often here on the forums, and it's often tough for us to give definitive advice. Having a lawyer helps. Paying attention to wording matters: I'm not trying to be patronizing, but accused, convicted, arrested, etc. are all obviously different in terms of reporting responsibilities. The warrant part sounds a little concerning to me. Hopefully you get that worked out.
In your experience, would getting this dropped legally be sufficient grounds for them to move on from this? Or is there a chance they seek an alternate course? Other then convening with my lawyer, do i have the ability to do anything to help my case?
The warrant issue was resolved
I'm glad the warrant is resolved.In your experience, would getting this dropped legally be sufficient grounds for them to move on from this? Or is there a chance they seek an alternate course? Other then convening with my lawyer, do i have the ability to do anything to help my case?
The warrant issue was resolved
My only experience with a similar situation is as follows:
One of our male students sent a photo of his genitalia to a female student in his class. The female student reported this to the Student Affairs Dean who had to report it to the Title IX office. A lengthy investigation ensued. The female student chose not report this to law enforcement. There was just enough ambiguity in the events leading up to the "photo shoot" that he was not put on probation or dismissed. The investigation as well as the hate from her friends in the class made for years of misery for the male student. It was also embarrassing because he knew that she had sent it to the faculty in charge.
Mocizzle12345
New Member
I really appreciate you disclosing this, thank youI'm glad the warrant is resolved.
My only experience with a similar situation is as follows:
One of our male students sent a photo of his genitalia to a female student in his class. The female student reported this to the Student Affairs Dean who had to report it to the Title IX office. A lengthy investigation ensued. The female student chose not report this to law enforcement. There was just enough ambiguity in the events leading up to the "photo shoot" that he was not put on probation or dismissed. The investigation as well as the hate from her friends in the class made for years of misery for the male student. It was also embarrassing because he knew that she had sent it to the faculty in charge.
In my case, there was no offended party (especially not affiliated with the school) other than gym staff via cameras (completely unrelated to school property). I’m really banking on the case being dismissed legally, which seems to be the case with that individual as well, it looks like that will help.
D
deleted1066449
Reminds me of a song call " The Joker"
by Steve Miller Band.
....
I'm a joker
I'm a smoker
I'm a midnight stroker
....🤣
love this song.
by Steve Miller Band.
....
I'm a joker
I'm a smoker
I'm a midnight stroker
....🤣
love this song.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.