Ties

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gatorPredent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should you go pretty neutral with the ties? Im wondering if i get a UF interview if i should rock the orange and blue?

Members don't see this ad.

Heh, well that would certainly separate you from the crowd if you went with orange and blue.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Cute, but maybe over the top. But I'd avoid wearing rival colors.

Cute, but maybe over the top. But I'd avoid wearing rival colors.

Rival colors? UF is orange and blue. Or are you just joking around and forewarning not to wear Garnet and Gold (FSU)?

Anyways, you will get mixed recommendations here. I know people who purposely wore either ties or suits that gave them personality and they got into d-school. My belief is that as long as you look good, what you wear is not tacky or doesn't distract people, then it is fine to wear it. People always say wear a black, dark grey, or navy blue suit. Hey, some people look great and very professional in a beige/cream suit. The biggest factor is looking professional. But, being professional doesn't mean you cannot have some personality.

At the interview for the school I am attending, we had guy wear a cream suit with a pink shirt I believe it was a yellow tie. He looked sharp, but very professional. He was accepted.

Can you wear the tie? If it works well with your attire, go for it - especially if you are already a Gator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rival colors? UF is orange and blue. Or are you just joking around and forewarning not to wear Garnet and Gold (FSU)?

I'm saying I don't suggest wearing school colors because it may be over the top, but I suggest avoiding wearing rival colors like garnet/gold or green/orange.