Time an issue on NS section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rcwha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For ppl that have taken the dat, was time an issue on the NS? I know this question varies from person to person. The reason I ask is b/c I'm having trouble finishing up the NS on DAT ach., kaplan subject (not as much) and top scoce, mostly b/c of xs of calculation problems on general chm.

So since the gen chm practice tests are a little unrealistic, I do the bio and orgo first with 24- 27 minutes left for the gen chm. I know on the real dat there are more conceptual questions on the Gen chem section.

So do you think 24 - 27 minutes is enough for gen chem on the real thing?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Sciences should be the easiest for time. At least it was for me. QR and RC were the toughest for time in my opinion. You really can't dwell on any problems because looking at it longer usually doesn't get you anywhere. Just make your best guess, mark it if you want to review it, and just move on.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was about the same as Streetwolf. I had like a half hour left, so I looked at my marked questions very carefully. Then I went through the entire orgo section and almost all of the bio section again. But I was also finishing that early on most of my practice tests. So don't expect the real DAT to go much quicker.

I completely finished the natural science section with 10 minutes to go, so I effectively had two small breaks during the test. This helped me get geared up for the PAT and get into the proper frame of mind.

I was finishing the practice natural science sections in about the same amount of time however, so I would expect to go about the same speed on the actual test as you have on the practice tests.