Time between apps and interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FlossFloss

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll apply hopefully in the first batch this cycle, and so after I graduate, I'll have the summer, and the year, so during this year gap, will dental schools

1. if I have not been accepted yet, look at what I do during that year?
2. if I have been accepted, make sure to see if I'm doing something dentally or prehealth related during the year?

The reason I wonder is because I want to be tutoring and making money while relaxing and traveling somewhere while I still have the time to. I wonder if they will not accept me because I'm not doing something entirely dental related.

Members don't see this ad.

You may be asked either on a supplement or at an interview to explain what you're currently doing. If you application is solid, I wouldn't worry and go do anything you would like. If you application has some weak spots, I would try to do something productive or something that would add to your application and send update letters to schools that accept them. Once you're accepted, you can relax and do all the travelling you want.