time commitment to activities

Started by pillhappy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pillhappy

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A little about me first: I am currently a third year and transferred from one university to another in my second year. During my first year of college, I only had a job (that was my only "activity). During my second year, I had an internship for one quarter shadowing a ekg technician, and started volunteering at a pharmacy once a week. This year, I started volunteering at a clinic as well as at the same pharmacy.


So far, I havn't really been dedicated to something for a long period of time. I'm wondering if the adcom are going to think that I am flaky because I havn't done like three solid years of volunteering or something like that, or think that I am just simply jumping around. I plan to apply this coming year, and that'll only give me maybe a year with each of these activities on my application. I really like doing what I do (that is not in question) and I myself know this, but how would the adcom know this? Do you think they'll take into account that between my first and second year I couldn't have done the same activities continuously because I switched campuses?

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to be thorough! I'm just worried that they'll think that I can't commit to something that somehow shows a lack of maturity.