1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Time for PTCAS to acknowledge receiving your transcript(s)?

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by rangardrum, Aug 5, 2011.

1. rangardrum

2+ Year Member

Rehab Sci Student
    What is the typical time range from the time you get your schools to actually send out your transcripts (since that can take a few days from your request) to when PTCAS indicates they received them on your application?

I know it takes 4-6 weeks for PTCAS to quality check your entered classes/grades, but I was wondering if there was much delay for them to get to your transcript in the first place.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. RunnerGirl30

2+ Year Member

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    Mine took 14 days...I think it got there a lot quicker, but was sitting around waiting to be checked in...then it took another week to verify.

4. rangardrum

2+ Year Member

Rehab Sci Student
    How long ago did you have them sent?

I think mine probably got sent out Wednesday or Thursday of this week since I requested them to be sent at the end of last week.

5. RunnerGirl30

2+ Year Member

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    They were sent from my undergrad institution July 11th (I think). I checked my account and it says they arrived on the 17th, and were verified on the 26th. I guess it was 2 weeks from the time I requested my undergrad to send it, but it took them almost a week to send it out.

6. rangardrum

2+ Year Member

Rehab Sci Student
    Okay, thanks RunnerGirl!

7. kcrat21

5+ Year Member

Physical Therapist
    When I spoke with a PTCAS rep on Thursday they said it's taking them up to about 10 business days to process the transcripts once they receive them. Mine left my school on the 26th and were entered into PTCAS yesterday....

8. rangardrum

2+ Year Member

Rehab Sci Student
    Interesting. I should maybe start to expect something beginning a week from now then.

9. Litlwarrior08

2+ Year Member

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    I started my app on July 5th, hand delivered my University and community college trannies July 6th, PTCAS posted received July 17. I paid July 25th-they reviewed them after payment / calculated GPA's. It was pretty quick less than two week to verify. My app was sent to ED school on 8/3.!! FYI adm could not even see who was interested until July 18th. Apparently your designated schools can view partial files while you are in the process of completing the app. This is so they can email you info (if they choose) regarding open house, etc. I have no idea when the schools send out the trannies---but I didn't need to wait on any summer classes.
    Good luck

10. rangardrum

2+ Year Member

Rehab Sci Student
    I received this email today, and it's relevant to this topic so I thought I'd attach it below.