Time for PTCAS to acknowledge receiving your transcript(s)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rangardrum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the typical time range from the time you get your schools to actually send out your transcripts (since that can take a few days from your request) to when PTCAS indicates they received them on your application?

I know it takes 4-6 weeks for PTCAS to quality check your entered classes/grades, but I was wondering if there was much delay for them to get to your transcript in the first place.

Members don't see this ad.

Mine took 14 days...I think it got there a lot quicker, but was sitting around waiting to be checked in...then it took another week to verify.

Mine took 14 days...I think it got there a lot quicker, but was sitting around waiting to be checked in...then it took another week to verify.

How long ago did you have them sent?

I think mine probably got sent out Wednesday or Thursday of this week since I requested them to be sent at the end of last week.

Members don't see this ad :)
They were sent from my undergrad institution July 11th (I think). I checked my account and it says they arrived on the 17th, and were verified on the 26th. I guess it was 2 weeks from the time I requested my undergrad to send it, but it took them almost a week to send it out.

When I spoke with a PTCAS rep on Thursday they said it's taking them up to about 10 business days to process the transcripts once they receive them. Mine left my school on the 26th and were entered into PTCAS yesterday....

When I spoke with a PTCAS rep on Thursday they said it's taking them up to about 10 business days to process the transcripts once they receive them. Mine left my school on the 26th and were entered into PTCAS yesterday....

Interesting. I should maybe start to expect something beginning a week from now then.

I started my app on July 5th, hand delivered my University and community college trannies July 6th, PTCAS posted received July 17. I paid July 25th-they reviewed them after payment / calculated GPA's. It was pretty quick less than two week to verify. My app was sent to ED school on 8/3.!! FYI adm could not even see who was interested until July 18th. Apparently your designated schools can view partial files while you are in the process of completing the app. This is so they can email you info (if they choose) regarding open house, etc. I have no idea when the schools send out the trannies---but I didn't need to wait on any summer classes.
Good luck

I received this email today, and it's relevant to this topic so I thought I'd attach it below.

Please allow up to three weeks for PTCAS to receive your transcript after you’ve requested it from the registrar. It may take one day up to a few weeks for the registrar to mail your transcript to PTCAS. Delivery dates may also vary depending on the institution’s distance from PTCAS.

Once received, please allow up to 7-10 business days for PTCAS to match your transcript to your file. This time may be shorter depending on mail volume. Your transcript receipt status online reflects the date your document was received by PTCAS (not postmark date). PTCAS sees the same status information as you do and will not be able to tell you if your transcript has arrived if it has not posted as received on your account.

You can help ensure your transcript is processed quickly by (1) arranging for a clean non-faxed copy of the bar-coded PTCAS transcript request form to be enclosed with your official transcript and (2) alerting PTCAS about alternate (e.g., maiden) names on this form. If more than 3 weeks have passed, contact the registrar to determine when the transcript was mailed and decide whether to request an additional copy be sent to PTCAS