Time management help?f

Started by 802ginger
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

802ginger

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've never been good at managing my time and having ADHD doesn't help me any either. Right now I'm working two jobs (assistant manager at a restaurant and a patient safety associate at a hospital) to support myself. I've been at the restaurant since I was in high school and I stay there mostly because I'm making decent money. I'm at the hospital because I really enjoy working with the patients and I think it's experience that could potentially add to my application (while also helping me pay the bills). Between the two I work between 40-60 hours a week all year round. I'm likely going to have to pay this next semester out of pocket, but since I go to a state school it will be tight but doable. I'm also thinking about moving back home just to save myself the money I spend in rent every month so I can work less and maybe pay off some loans instead of my landlord. My grades are decent for how much I work and know I definitely need to get more extracurriculars and that the further I get into my studies the less time I'll be able to spend working.

I see a lot of these posts about managing time between classes, shadowing, volunteering and research but not much about those who have to work full time and then some.

I guess I just spent a lot of time asking for help in time management, so if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it so much since I'm at a loss.