Time Management

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TripleHBK

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm writing this to get a better understanding of any techniques or skills that help you make the most of your time. I consider myself terrible at this and spend a lot of my "free" time watching Netflix and just chilling.

So I guess my questions are:

1.) do you block out your days with things to do and times to do them?

2.) what helps you stay on schedule?

3.) any other tips!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone!

I'm writing this to get a better understanding of any techniques or skills that help you make the most of your time. I consider myself terrible at this and spend a lot of my "free" time watching Netflix and just chilling.

So I guess my questions are:

1.) do you block out your days with things to do and times to do them?

2.) what helps you stay on schedule?

3.) any other tips!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I sometimes schedule my days when my schedule is busy, but otherwise a check list of what I want to get done works fine. The best advice I can give is to limit time spent around devices that allow you to watch netflix/distract you (for me it was mainly my phone and computer). I found I was a lot more productive when I didn't have either avalible to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
I found that days where I could spend all day just studying, I never actually studied. I was perpetually on the "I have all day, I'll do it later" track. So I started making appointments at a set time (a 1pm dance class on the weekends) to keep me from giving up the whole day as a wash. I'd always study more on days when I had at least one thing to do.

I also made some places study places. I don't text people, I don't check email, in this room I study and have no other tabs open. If I wanted to do something not studying, I would physically leave that room, usually, watch my stuff through a window, and look at memes or whatever. I felt pretty stupid, but it worked! I suck at studying in my room, I study at the library a lot.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I filled my schedule with classes, then a specific amount of time for job, research, volunteering, meetings. I treated everything like a job with deadlines and deliverables. After that, I had free time.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
As mentioned above checklists usually work for me, I only really block time off when I'm facing a short deadline. But for the most part I try to allow some flexibility in my schedule (crossing out tasks on your lists is an awesome feeling). I also try to reward my self with allocated free time to do hobbies/ goof around. Honestly try a few techniques out and see what works for you.

Reactions: 1 user