time management

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kevin512

:)
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long should I spend on the bio, gen chm, and orgo section? Does gen chm take the longest?

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone is different. My advice to you is to spend the most time on your weakest section. The section that brings down your score the most, spend more time on getting better at this section. You can`t just divide everything evenly. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. Usually weakest areas require more preparation time.
Good luck on your exam.

Hey, I usually tried giving each section 30 minutes with the hope of cutting down bio to 20-25 max, having about 35-40 minutes for gen chem, and then 30 for orgo. Gen chem was my weakest so i needed more time for it. good luck!

Hey, I usually tried giving each section 30 minutes with the hope of cutting down bio to 20-25 max, having about 35-40 minutes for gen chem, and then 30 for orgo. Gen chem was my weakest so i needed more time for it. good luck!

That sounds pretty good.

I would definitely agree with bio and orgo being the shortest, because in many cases you either know it or you don't. Also many questions in those areas just aren't time consuming as other, such as "which of the following are aromatic?" Giving extra time to gen chem is nice because the calculations take time.

Just keep your cool, have the confidence that you do truly know the answers (even if you don't recognize them at first glance), and you will finish with the comforting thought that you are going to dental school!