Time Management

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ylrebmik

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sort of a silly question but when preparing for undergrad studies and preparing for vet school... what is the best way to master time management? Would taking on a lot and pushing yourself to do it most affective for you or would it be taking on some here and there and adding on adding on or something else? Any Tips/Advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Let's see...Well, in my undergrad, I worked full time, so I really had to master time management quickly. However, in order to reach your goal, its important to prioritize what really needs your time. Preparing for vet school=good grades, so I would devote most of my time to studying if you didn't have to work. Do volunteer or shadowing to gain experience on a set schedule so you know its set and you can quantify the exact hours you've put in or will put in. I made work, school, and life work together by setting a specific study schedule in a day planner(also put them in a PDA that sent out reminders via wireless), as well as all my work commitments ahead of time. Then I fill in breaks etc. I always give myself at least a day off from both. I think you should always get your feet wet first before jumping into a huge course load and working and getting vet experience. I did that and would not recommend it, as something is going to suffer. It can't be your grades, so most likely your work or family will feel neglected. I was so busy I forgot I was married(kidding....). In all honesty, If I could do it over, I would do the same academically, but I would make sure my job was where I was getting vet experience, so that I could get paid but also get experience. In addition, I would spend more time for myself/hubbie as I think I would have been more effective if I weren't so stressed. I think you just have to be really organized and make sure that you don't set tasks you can't finish. Just prioritize your academics and then put everything else into place in order of importance. :)
Sort of a silly question but when preparing for undergrad studies and preparing for vet school... what is the best way to master time management? Would taking on a lot and pushing yourself to do it most affective for you or would it be taking on some here and there and adding on adding on or something else? Any Tips/Advice?