Time of becoming a pharmacist

Started by wzhaoucla
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wzhaoucla

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question here about when the person who passes the CPJE test should be considered as a pharmacist legally? One month after the test date, the date when he/she receives the result of the test, or the date when s/he receives the license from the BOP? Thank you very much. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
 
the date that the BOP print the license which is when you have passed the exam, paid the license fee and pass the live scan. So it doesnt matter that you took the exam a couple of months ago but your score was help up during QA.
 
I have a question here about when the person who passes the CPJE test should be considered as a pharmacist legally? One month after the test date, the date when he/she receives the result of the test, or the date when s/he receives the license from the BOP? Thank you very much. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I would consider a person to be a PharmD at the time of graduation with the degree, and a licensed pharmacist once that PharmD receives the license.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for tech, intern, and pharmacist...we've always used the date of online license number posting as the standard in california. once that number posts, the employee immediately gains all rights/privileges of that position. HR should start the pay hike process and back pay to the date of issue.
 
I got licensed in the middle of a day I was working as an intern. I went home and checked the status and it said the license was granted. I called the supervisor and he dated my first day as a pharmacist as that day I worked as an intern. I was paid as a pharmacist for that day.