Time till interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turica

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I get that apps are released Sep 15.. I’m applying to internal medicine.. when should I really be on the lookout for interview emailsˆ?

Members don't see this ad.

I get that apps are released Sep 15.. I’m applying to internal medicine.. when should I really be on the lookout for interview emailsˆ?

They're already being sent out. Hope you like North Dakota.

Reactions: 16 users
Members don't see this ad :)
:laugh::love::claps: ps can someone please like this post? I'm trying to post a link in a different thread but I'm getting an error message that my ratio of likes to posts isn't high enough to do so

Reactions: 11 users
Thanks so much for humoring me guys! I was able to post the link so we are good to go! Thanks for your help!

So I'm a pretty average applicant (US IMG, 229/228/pass, 4 US LORs) and I applied on the 15th. I'm trying to accompany my family overseas during the 2nd half of January. I know there are always chances of getting last minute interviews, but are they significant? I applied pretty broadly to over 200 places and they're low to medium competitiveness. I'm thinking that I should be able to get at least 10 IVs by then. Should I schedule my trip or are there significant chances of getting 1 or 2 extra interviews after January 15th? Thoughts?

So I'm a pretty average applicant (US IMG, 229/228/pass, 4 US LORs) and I applied on the 15th. I'm trying to accompany my family overseas during the 2nd half of January. I know there are always chances of getting last minute interviews, but are they significant? I applied pretty broadly to over 200 places and they're low to medium competitiveness. I'm thinking that I should be able to get at least 10 IVs by then. Should I schedule my trip or are there significant chances of getting 1 or 2 extra interviews after January 15th? Thoughts?

You are free to do whatever you'd like, but I think you need to maximize your chances of matching given that you're a US IMG. You should be going on any and every interview (maybe up until 15 or so, but I wouldn't stop before then).

Reactions: 2 users

My last interview was on Jan 15. My program last year didn't even offer January interviews. So you're probably fine to schedule the trip.

Reactions: 1 user
You are free to do whatever you'd like, but I think you need to maximize your chances of matching given that you're a US IMG. You should be going on any and every interview (maybe up until 15 or so, but I wouldn't stop before then).
My last interview was on Jan 15. My program last year didn't even offer January interviews. So you're probably fine to schedule the trip.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input.

I got a last minute offer end of January/beginning of February this year. It doesn’t happen a lot, but it does happen.

Reactions: 1 user
Also many schools wait to invite for interviews until they get the MSPE which is released Oct 1.

So, some have sent out a small batch of interviews already. Many programs wait till after the MSPE goes out (Oct 1), so my advisor said to expect the bulk in mid October ish