Time to party

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daysinnnc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do pharmacy students get time to party on weekends during pharmacy school??

Members don't see this ad.

I don't, but half of my class does almost every weekend.

Members don't see this ad :)
With good time management, you can party often.

Everyone around here is too busy having babies :smuggrin:

You would have better luck if you asked students who go to your future COP, because every school is different.

Some schools might make their students study constantly, while other schools might divide up the work into larger increments that resemble midterm week testing.

I usually have tests around the same time during the semester. I'll have all of my tests within a two-week period, and then I'll have a break until the next round of tests. I think it's more stressful this way, but what can you do? The professors must have ESP or something.

I party during the weeks that we don't have tests.

Once tests start, we tend to have a test every week on top of additional assignments that are due. We all still have time to party, and we do it often. After tests, all of those in my class who are over 21 are at a bar, and the rest of us are away from school hanging out, not worrying about school. It works great, because I definitely feel less stressed. Time away from school is the key. Party on the weekends, and during the week if time permits.

hmmm... let's see. Yes. There is time to party. On one particular weekend last October, I had a final on Friday morning, went to several internship interviews that afternoon, participated in rush for my fraternity until 2am or so, then helped coordinate a diabetes fair starting at 7am that morning. I had a little too much fun that weekend, and um, as PharmDstudent said, now:

Everyone around here is too busy having babies :smuggrin:

:p

Seriously, though - at least at my school, if you budget your time, you will have opportunity to cut loose every once in a while.

You can party EVERY weekend if you want to fail. Some parts of the semester are more stressful than others, but you can go out on SOME weekends no problem. The people that party most in our class usually study the hardest, so keep that in mind too

You can party EVERY weekend if you want to fail. Some parts of the semester are more stressful than others, but you can go out on SOME weekends no problem. The people that party most in our class usually study the hardest, so keep that in mind too

Or you can party every weekend and sometimes during the week too and have no problems at all =)

Im with Gatorgirl.

Work hard play hard.

I wouldnt show up to class for weeks at a time and managed to get on the deans list several times. I think alot of people over-hype the difficulty of pharm school. Theyre some rough times, but its definetly doable while concurrently having a VERY active social life.

work hard, play hard.

amen.

Definitely time, even during 4th year rotations. I have a weekly beer pong tournament I go to on thursdays at 10.

I have a weekly pub quiz I go to on thursdays "geeks who drink"

Are you at South University right now?

Yes sir (or ma'm, whichever you may be).

Savannah = party.

Just had the 1st test of the quarter and there will be mucho celebration tonite.

Time management. Priorities.

I'm a pharmacy student but I'm also a 21yr old guy.

Work had. Party harder.