Xxx

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Xxx

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Do you hear that? It's the sound of thousands of premeds panicking when they read your thread title.

Reactions: 5 users
UNC Reapplicant Site said:
If your MCAT score is significantly below our average, which is 32 on the old MCAT and 500 on the new MCAT, consider retaking the MCAT to improve your score. An MCAT score below 25 is not typically considered to be competitive.

Slightly off topic, but that seems off to me. UNC should probably fix that.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
And maybe they should instead of living in hope for that last minute for that acceptance and then reapplying. You hope for the best but you prepare for the worst

Prepare for the worst -- starting NOW, when you still have enough time to make a difference.

Reactions: 4 users
Specific question, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
So far, this cycle is going just OK for me. I have 3 MD IIs, but 2 of those have turned into wait lists (albeit wait lists with good movement historically). One interview upcoming. Pretty good stats (MCAT 516, cgpa and sgpa ~3.7).
I graduated and last year and my main gap year activity has been working full time as a scribe. If it turns out I have to reapply, would there be any benefit in taking 1-2 science courses post bacc (assuming I do well)??

While it may not have substantial benefit for GPA, it does help to add to showing continuing motivation and committment. These can also be shown via being scribe or doing continuing volunteering. point being make sure you are doing something that you can talk about currently other than a job at 7-11
Yeah I imagine with a full time clinical job and a 3.7/35 you would benefit most from volunteering

Reactions: 1 user
I'm being forced by my MCAT score (2014 test date, no time to retake for a 2018 cycle) to wait a bit of time before reapplying and honestly it's probably a good thing. I know I'd be tempted to just shoot off another round of apps without much change.

Hi I have a specific question as well.
I am looking at the possibility of having to reapply and could use some guidance on how to best improve my app for next cycle. I applied broadly to mostly low tier allo schools with a 509/3.4 and a masters degree and received one II to a MD school (still waiting to hear back). Would taking a science course, volunteering once a week and working full time in global health be enough to warrant a reapplication in 2017 (if needed)?

[.

Last edited:
[.

Last edited: