Time to study for Naplex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

suzie123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am recent grad.I work in the retail pharmacy. I am planning to take 4 weeks off from work and start studying for Naplex. Will this be enough?
Also, I have both Kaplan and Apha books but I don't know which one to focus and how to start studying? Hope to get good advice from experienced folks !
Thanks
Suzie

Members don't see this ad.

I personally studied from Kaplan Review and Comprehensive Pharmacy review by Shargel and believe them to be good studying tools. Just a little advise, do a thorough review and do not skip anything I made that mistake and paid the consequences. If you feel that you are ready 4 weeks should suffice but the ones who know recommend about 3 months dedicating about 3 hours "QD". I do hope this helps...Where are you planning to practise? Good luck!

The APhA book is fine. Just make sure you know brand and generics. Make sure you know math cold, its a ******ed amount of the test. Read the questions thoroughly, make sure you pay attention to profile info (allergies in particular), and you oughtta be fine. I'd especially hit the sections you had little experience on rotations in (for example, I hit the onc and HIV parts tough, saw very minimal).

I graduated on a Friday, took the test Monday, 2 days of studying and hit >130, months of studying is overkill. It's kind of a joke.