BellKicker

Twisted Miler
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2002
Up North
Visit site
Status
Can someone who has recently been through this offer a timeline for credentials certification. Like:

Day 0: Graduate from medical school

Day 1: Send in your diploma

Day ?: OASIS says credentials received

Day ?: Your school receives the paperwork to verify your status.

Day ?: You get your certificate.

Thanks.

Santiago

Catheter Jockey
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2003
Neverland
Visit site
Status
hi, BK,

BellKicker said:
Can someone who has recently been through this offer a timeline for credentials certification. Like:

Here's my experience..

>>>Day 0: Graduate from medical school

>>>.Day 1: Send in your diploma

This one depends on how you send it. Oasis takes a while to update but it should be by 1-2 weeks. You can call and hurry them up. It works..

>>>Day ?: OASIS says credentials received

They send the documents back to your med school within a week. Your med school might receive them in another 1-3 weeks depending on where it is.

>>>Day ?: Your school receives the paperwork to verify your status.

My med school just sat on my documents till I myself went and got the thing done.Then got it sent thru FedEx. I had an account in it and asked my med school to send by it.

Now, comes the most unpredictable part. Ecfmg will receive it and it takes anywhere between 8-12 weeks for them to get verified and updated in Oasis. You have got to keep mailing them and calling them weekly. That tends to hurry things a bit.

>>>Day ?: You get your certificate.

If your docs are verified, and you have completed the other exam requiremts, Ecfmg is very prompt in sending you the certificate.

hth...

OP
BellKicker

BellKicker

Twisted Miler
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2002
Up North
Visit site
Status
Thanks, I really appreciate it.

I sent in my diploma almost two weeks ago and I'm getting a bit worried. I think I'll call when the two weeks have passed. You never know if my letter is lying in some post office in West Virginia right now.

Do you just call that general inquiries number or is there a specific number you have called? Also, are the people able to really tell you anything about your status? The few times I have called about other things, they never seem too informative.

Santiago

Catheter Jockey
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2003
Neverland
Visit site
Status
To email
Medical Education Credentials: [email protected]
Always include your USMLE / ECFMG Identification Number in your subject of email.

If you call,
215-386-5900

Well, I kept calling them and got my documents verified and updated in 6 weeks.

hth