timeline for predents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scrubsfan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im sort of new on the subject and would like to learn more about what i should be doing at each year of my undergrad. so i guess my question is directed to those who got into dent school or those applying right now...what exactly should i be doing at each year.

i know that for med school you should take your mcats in april of your junior year to maximize your chances of getting in. How does it work with the DAT? when should you take the test? I know the DAT is offered all year around but when is the latest you should take it? Thanks alot guys.

Members don't see this ad.

scrubsfan said:
im sort of new on the subject and would like to learn more about what i should be doing at each year of my undergrad. so i guess my question is directed to those who got into dent school or those applying right now...what exactly should i be doing at each year.

i know that for med school you should take your mcats in april of your junior year to maximize your chances of getting in. How does it work with the DAT? when should you take the test? I know the DAT is offered all year around but when is the latest you should take it? Thanks alot guys.

one thing you should NOT do is get below a 3.0. Right now i have rougly 60 credits completed, and I cant even get a 3.9 anymore even if i 4.0 the remaining ~70 credits. I have 16 classes of 4.0, 2 3.5, 1 3.0, and 1 2.5.

as for your classes, id take bio/gchem first year, ochem/*upper level bio* class second year, then take the DAT at the end of your soph year. I honestly don't understand why people wait until their junior year...its easier when its still fresh in your head.