Oct 8, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Hey all!

I just submitted my AACOMAS today.

Am I late on this? And I know if varies, but how long should I expect to wait before hearing from any schools.

I applied to 6 of them.

Thanks for your help all, I really appreciate it!

fiznat

15+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I submitted about a week ago, so I guess I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. My impression is that we are a little bit late, especially considering that people have already begun to receive interview invites and acceptances. That said, I don't think we are *too* late. Best advice I think is to make sure we get secondaries out ASAP.

Good luck!

preDoGuy24

7+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Hey all!

I just submitted my AACOMAS today.

Am I late on this? And I know if varies, but how long should I expect to wait before hearing from any schools.

I applied to 6 of them.

Thanks for your help all, I really appreciate it!
If your transcripts are in AND verified, it should take AACOMAS about a week to verify your application, which is then released to schools the following Tuesday.

EBAMom

Accepted C/O 2015
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Be sure that all of your LORs are in order and ready to send. If you are using your school's letter service, make sure they know to get your letters out ASAP. Often, this is one of the things that holds up applications and can be a huge stumbling block at this point in the game. I don't think you are too late. Just make sure that your turnaround on those secondaries is super fast and your checking account is ready to pay for secondaries and interview expenses. Good luck!!! :luck: