Timeline question for the next cycle...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hdkyu10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm a fourth year student at university. I've already taken my DAT, and I will ask for letters of evaluation soon.

I was wondering how the timeline worked for the application process. I know that the AASDAS opens up on June 1, but is there anything I need to do beforehand? Ie. GPA verification, transcripts, DAT score upload... Pretty confused after reading through the forums.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I'm a fourth year student at university. I've already taken my DAT, and I will ask for letters of evaluation soon.

I was wondering how the timeline worked for the application process. I know that the AASDAS opens up on June 1, but is there anything I need to do beforehand? Ie. GPA verification, transcripts, DAT score upload... Pretty confused after reading through the forums.
Just make sure you have your personal statement ready to be submitted and transcripts to be mailed out!

Reactions: 1 user
If your school has a pre-health committee, make sure to submit all the material required to get a committee letter (questionnaire, recommendation letters, etc.). This is usually due by May so start asap if you already haven't

Members don't see this ad :)
Once AADSAS opens up, you should be able to find this "Transcript Request Form". Make sure you fill it out and have that mailed out together with your official transcripts.

Last edited:
was also wondering this. Are there essays in the application?

Just the personal statement.

But some schools make you write multiple short essay responses on their supplemental application, but you don't have to worry about that until you submit the main AADSAS one

So nothing can be done earlier, just on June 1st?
was also wondering this. Are there essays in the application?
I believe nothing can be done before June 1st or before the app is open. The AADSAS does not ask you any questions, just your EC's and a portion where you can put in your personal statement (I pre-wrote everything before the app was open and just copy & pasted in my PS into AADSAS).

I believe nothing can be done before June 1st or before the app is open. The AADSAS does not ask you any questions, just your EC's and a portion where you can put in your personal statement (I pre-wrote everything before the app was open and just copy & pasted in my PS into AADSAS).

Last edited:
How long does it take to get the transcript from your school? And then do you mail it yourself or does your school mail it? I will be back home so it would be difficult to do
The school has to mail it out otherwise it's not official. It should take about a couple weeks to get that posted on your AADSAS

Thanks everyone! This discussion is very helpful. So from what I'm understanding, BEFORE AASDAS opens on June 1, all I can do is have my personal statement and letter of evaluations ready? And once AASDAS opens, I have to mail in a transcript request to my school, and wait for them to mail it in?

Thanks everyone! This discussion is very helpful. So from what I'm understanding, BEFORE AASDAS opens on June 1, all I can do is have my personal statement and letter of evaluations ready? And once AASDAS opens, I have to mail in a transcript request to my school, and wait for them to mail it in?
Correct. You can either mail or fax in the Transcript Request Form to your school, and ask them to include it along with your official transcript when mailing out to the AADSAS.

I physically brought that transcript request form to my school's registrar, that's also an option.

Check out this blog! I tried to compile things about the application and my experience applying!

http://diaryofapredent.blogspot.com

Thanks! I have a question on what you wrote on your site: "you want to request your transcripts early because you're not the only applicant applying from your school. Registrar will have to process a lot of request forms and you don't want your application to be waiting on transcripts."

By early, you mean as soon as AASDAS opens, correct?

Thanks! I have a question on what you wrote on your site: "you want to request your transcripts early because you're not the only applicant applying from your school. Registrar will have to process a lot of request forms and you don't want your application to be waiting on transcripts."

Yes correct! You need to have a transcript request form sent correlating to each school you are requesting a transcript from and at the top of the PDF you generate from AADSAS you will link the request for your transcript with that number!

I just posted an article on how to send transcripts because I was asked a lot about it, so make sure you check it out and if you have any other questions let me know!