timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentase

Powered by tooth knockn
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am in my second semester of sophomore year. I am taking O chem this summer with some other classes, and taking O chem 2 in autumn of junior year. Might take microbio with that or bio 2. Then take physics in spring, since it is not on DAT, only need it as a pre req. I plan on taking the DAT during my junior year and apply during junior year. My question is when is an early time to apply to dental school, or the application process. When should I take the DAT prior to applying. I already took bio 1 , both chems, anatomy, physiology, and so I only need oChem and 1 more bio to be prepared for the DAT. All I need is Chem,Bio, and Ochem for the DAT right? Also is second semester of oChem important for the DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Apply the June before the year you want to attend. That is the earliest you can possibly apply.

Reactions: 1 user
Apply the June before the year you want to attend. That is the earliest you can possibly apply.
Is it important to apply in june, what if the schools deadline is september, does it make a difference?

Is it important to apply in june, what if the schools deadline is september, does it make a difference?
Absolutely. Consideration is given in order of application. Some people this past cycle had interview invitations in July, whereas most people haven't even submitted their applications by then. So, the earlier you submit the better. NEVER wait for the schools posted deadline to submit your application.

Reactions: 1 user