timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ccecil02

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've been searching around and couldn't find what I was looking for. I just wanted to know the time range I should (take DATs, send in applications) If I'll get done with undergrad May 2012

Members don't see this ad.

stolen from another thread
Ideally, you should follow the following time line:

30ms747.jpg

I would requet LORs sooner than May if you can because I had a problem with a science professor who procrastinated and held up my application for two months. Good luck!

so the 1st april would be spring semester of my junior year right?
Thanks alot

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, that's a great chart. Either take the DAT at the end of the Spring/ Beginning of Summer of your Junior year, or the summer after you finish Ochem. DAT scores are good for 3 years, so if you take it after your sophomore year (if you finish Ochem then), you'll still have 2 application cycles to use them for when the time comes - but that's up to you, it's really not too bad to go back and study it again.

Good luck!

Correct! But some do it senior year...

Well, that's if you want to take a year off. Which a lot of people do! Trust me, dental school is rough, like a full time job, so there's nothing wrong with taking some time off in between, as long as you do something meaningful, I know many of my friends did.