TIMER/Break Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

angldrps

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
after the 10 minute break timer runs out, the page that shows up on the screen immediately after is not one with passages/questions. Instead, this page tells you what the next section is (VB/BS) and requires one to click "Next" to proceed to the first page with passages/questions. (((hope this doesn't sound too confusing))))

Now my question : is it possible to extend 10 minute break until one clicks "Next" once the break timer runs out or does the computer automatically hits next and proceeds after a certain amount of time??

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, you have to push the next button in order for the test to start, computer just doesn't start the test while ur away

Pretty sure you have to hit next. I wouldn't risk it though.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes but you clock in and out, so if there are 10 ppl waiting to get in and it goes over it's ok, but if you take longer just because then they may not let you take it since you were gone for idk 20min instead... basically, if everybody takes their break in the same time and your waiting to get in, don't worry you'll be fine!

Get there couple of minutes early (I'm planning to be there at least 30min before hand) and they start letting people in gradually (often before the actual time even!), so not everybody starts at the same time so no crowding issues there.... at least this was my experience first time I took the test

plus you don't want to be working on your verbal when ppl are typing their writing section (just because they got there 15min before you did), it's much better the other way around... actually hit the keys as hard as you can and make everybody around you pissed off and frustrated, it's good for the curve :D
(jk the curve is already set so don't, thats not cool!)

so that means it is possible to extend the 10 minute break?

The test center makes you sign in and out for a reason. If you are gone for an unreasonable amount of time they will probably tell the AAMC and you'll get voided.

I wondered this myself too. I don't now anyone who has actually tried to find out, though. I think I was about a minute late to one section, and there were no averse consequences. But, a friend of mine suggested that maybe the timer starts clicking down past a certain point. That's all conjecture though.

I wondered this myself too. I don't now anyone who has actually tried to find out, though. I think I was about a minute late to one section, and there were no averse consequences. But, a friend of mine suggested that maybe the timer starts clicking down past a certain point. That's all conjecture though.

A friend of mine said he finished a section early and tried to leave the room to go on a break without clicking the "finished" (or whatever it says) button. The test center worker told him to go back and hit the button or he couldn't leave.

I'm sure they are monitoring us closer than we think.