Timing for Application and work

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FlightMedicine

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

First off this forum has been incredible for the amount of knowledge and support, really glad I found this resource.

I just got out of the Army where I was a Critical Care Flight Paramedic. I have a BA in Psych and I am currently finishing up science prereqs. According to my timeline I should be done by Jan 2019 with all classes and then I will throw myself into MCAT prep. That being said I have an opportunity to take a lucrative job that would have me deployed 3 months at a time.

1) How flexible are schools for scheduling interviews?
2) Would it be smarter to give more time to prep for MCAT and apply for 2021 matriculation?

Thank you so much for your help and advice!

Members don't see this ad.

1) Each school is different when scheduling interviews. Some will let you pick a date, while others will assign you a date. One school I was at would not let you reschedule. You could call and ask as you are making your school list.

2) If you can dedicate 3 months to the MCAT you should be good. I started my MCAT studying in January, then took it in April. Got a horrible score, studied for another 3 months did way better.