Timing of application components

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DoBurrosLayEggs

Diminishing between Worlds
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, new user here.

36 year old who works in forensic psych, currently cobbling together a MD school application DIY-style via community college and extension schools.

I'm trying to apply this June and am aware of the June 1 rush. However, I'm currently taking O.Chem II, Biochem, and Calc II and those grades will not be finalized until 1-2 weeks after the close of my semester (May 25). If it takes until, say, June 4, and then I have transcripts sent to AMCAS, and then it takes AMCAS 4+ weeks to verify, that could mean my application would not be complete until July.

Is there any way I could finagle this differently so that I am not behind the pack in submitting the primary application, but still am not submitting something that lacks crucial pre-reqs?

This could influence when I take the MCAT (May 5 vs. May 18-19 vs. later), so I'm quite invested in any help any of y'all could provide.