Timing of Application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CookimonsterDDS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have questions about the timing of everything in the application process.

So when AADSAS comes out on June 3rd we can submit it without transcript, LOR, and DAT scores? Those follow after?

I'm on the quarter system so my spring grades probably won't be out until June 24th, which is one week after finals. So how long would it take for the transcript to be sent and processed through AADSAS? By what date approximately?

Does that mean that I don't need my LORs to be sent until after the transcript is already in? So it wouldn't matter if my LORs were in June 3rd or July 3rd?

Thanks for all your help!

Members don't see this ad.

In your case, you can either submit w/o Spring grades on June 3rd or wait until the 24th for Spring grades, and submit then. It won't make your app late if you submit if you wait, so long as it is before late July. below is what I posted in a previous thread...

AADSAS Application Submission requires:

• Transcripts (having this late will delay submission of your app)
  • Personal Statement
  • Yo $$ for AADSAS (primary fee)
---Transcript Verification (1 day - 2 weeks, varies)---

AADSAS Application Completion at the Dental School (the most important thing!) requires:

• A submitted AADSAS application, after your transcript has been verified
  • DAT Scores (done thru AADSAS update)
  • LORs (done thru AADSAS update)
  • Secondaries if applicable (submitted directly to school, not AADSAS)
  • Yo $$ for each individual school (secondary fees, submitted directly to school)
    • Having any of these in late will delay the completion of your app.
---Review by Admissions Committee, wait to hear for interview invite starting Sept (1 - 9 months :laugh:)---
During this period its normal to be :scared::scared: all the time, constantly checking your inbox, your call log, etc, etc for that interview invite. Just try your best to relax it's gonna be a long process and you don't wanna worry youself to death ;)

You can also submit your DATs and LORs at the same time you submit your AADSAS application. But if you have neither don't wait for either of these 2 things to submit your app, because transcript processing can take 2-3 weeks sometimes. The application process can be a logistical mess, post more questions if you have any.

Thanks!

So if I submit w/o Spring grades, will the schools see my Spring grades when they're evaluating my application? Will spring grades affect the GPA calculations?

If I do decide to submit my transcript with spring grades it comes on the 24th, it might not even be verified by July 8th? So if my LORs are in on July 8th it would be the same as submitting LORs early?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks!

So if I submit w/o Spring grades, will the schools see my Spring grades when they're evaluating my application? Will spring grades affect the GPA calculations?

No they will not. SO if you expect to get good grades this quarter, I would wait until those grades get in. Then submit.

If I do decide to submit my transcript with spring grades it comes on the 24th, it might not even be verified by July 8th? So if my LORs are in on July 8th it would be the same as submitting LORs early?

That is a possibility. Remember that your school's registrar requires time to process and mail out your transcript. You can have your transcript overnighted to AADSAS to speed things up a bit. Regarding the LORs, I think so.

LOR's are all electronic right? Once you give out the prof's email address, they send them a link and they upload the LOR electronically correct?

Also, would it be smart to mail in all your transcripts like on May 30th so by the time it arrives a few days later, it would be PERFECT timing lol.

Also...what about if you're re-taking the DAT? Should I mention that I'm even retaking it (I got 19AA) but I heard if you indicate that you're retaking it, they won't even LOOK at your app which if you say you WON'T then they'll look immediately.

LOR's are all electronic right? Once you give out the prof's email address, they send them a link and they upload the LOR electronically correct? This i believe depends on the university you attend.

Also, would it be smart to mail in all your transcripts like on May 30th so by the time it arrives a few days later, it would be PERFECT timing lol. You need the transcript verification form which you will not be able to access until June 3rd when AADSAS opens.

Also...what about if you're re-taking the DAT? Should I mention that I'm even retaking it (I got 19AA) but I heard if you indicate that you're retaking it, they won't even LOOK at your app which if you say you WON'T then they'll look immediately.Well, with a 19, depending on the schools you apply to, i dont believe you will get rejected right away, well thats also depending on your GPA. So if you have a decent GPA, i wouldn't indicate that you're retaking the DAT because that will hold up your app and they will just wait on your score after you retake it, but if your GPA is really low and u need the DAT to prove yourself, then i would indicate that your retaking the DAT so they don't reject you right away before you even take your DAT. /QUOTE]

Well my AADSAS GPA is about 3.3, so what should I do? And if I don't indicate, how will they ever update their scores?