Timing Of Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mynamewastaken

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there....sorta a weird question but since medical schools assess the rigor of your classwork does it matter more for a post-bacc to take certain classes at certain times? This coming semester (fall 05) I will be working full time and have contemplated taking a calculus or an english course (because the type of job i have i am permitted to only take one class at a time)....will this look lazy? I'm wondering if i'm better off waiting until my posiyion ends in jan. 06 and starting then with a full course load...any thoughts? thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

My pre-med advisor said it was important to take "competitive semesters" -- full-time enrollment. She said I shouldn't take more than one semester part-time.

You should talk to the pre-med advisor on your campus and see what he thinks. My advisor gave me this advice after I sat down with her and we discussed my challenges (GPA 3.5, BCPM 3.2 coming into my informal post-bacc) and my goals (what med schools I would most like to attend).