-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tinnitus
Started by BobBarker
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Stellate for PTSD, hot flashes, athletes foot. Why not.
It was a Japanese study from 1984.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interestingly I recently had a guy have a cervical RFA for severe neck pain and his tinnitus resolved afterwards so who knows.
Years ago someone told me they did a nerve block to the stapedius muscle and the tinnitus resolved. I had a guy develop bilateral tinnitus after cervical ACDF led to myofascial pain, I did a ton of trigger point injections on him and reduced it by 50% each time over 2 sessions.
Step up to the new weirdness
Stress and Tinnitus; Transcutaneous Auricular Vagal Nerve Stimulation Attenuates Tinnitus-Triggered Stress Reaction
I would try it. Stellate ganglion or cervical plexus blocks would be reasonable in that region to see. There is a school of thought that in a subset of patients where tinnitus is secondary to MSK issues
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
www.tinnitusjournal.com
Stress and Tinnitus; Transcutaneous Auricular Vagal Nerve Stimulation Attenuates Tinnitus-Triggered Stress Reaction
I would try it. Stellate ganglion or cervical plexus blocks would be reasonable in that region to see. There is a school of thought that in a subset of patients where tinnitus is secondary to MSK issues
Diagnosis and management of somatosensory tinnitus: review article - PMC
Tinnitus is the perception of sound in the absence of an acoustic external stimulus. It affects 10–17% of the world's population and it a complex symptom with multiple causes, which is influenced by pathways other than the auditory one. Recently, it ...
Somatic Tinnitus
Somatic Tinnitus, Massimo Ralli, Antonio Greco, Fabrizio Cialente, Arianna Di Stadio, Armando de Virgilio, Lucia Longo, Andrea Ciofalo, Rosaria Turchetta, Giancarlo Cianfrone, Marc
Years ago someone told me they did a nerve block to the stapedius muscle and the tinnitus resolved.
Tell me more about this stapedius injection. Was it under direct visual guidance or did they just knock out the facial nerve?
It was an old pain guy at the VA, he described it as a facial nerve block but I think it was fluoro guided. I was just an intern so it didn’t occur to me to press for more details.Tell me more about this stapedius injection. Was it under direct visual guidance or did they just knock out the facial nerve?
I hadn't realized there were potential interventional treatment options for tinnitus. I have fairly significant tinnitus that I just deal with. When I get old enough maybe I'll get some of those sound masking hearing aids
Wanted to resurrect this thread. Did a R TON, C3 and C4 mbb on a guy. Said his neck pain improved for the day but ever since he’s had terrible tinnitus. Actually went to the ER and had a head/neck CTA which was negative. Anyone else ever see this?
Cervicogenic Somatic Tinnitus: A Narrative Review Exploring Non-otologic Causes - PMC
Cervicogenic somatic tinnitus (CST) is a subgroup of somatosensory tinnitus that arises from altered sensory input from the cervical spine due to changes in anatomical and physiological functions. Unlike primary tinnitus, usually caused by auditory ...
If I had to guess, you've induced some cervicogenic somatosensory tinnitus in him related to the myalgias or post-procedural bounce back. Probably someone who is more of an amplifier than they let on?
Agree with Orin...Cervicogenic Somatic Tinnitus: A Narrative Review Exploring Non-otologic Causes - PMC
Cervicogenic somatic tinnitus (CST) is a subgroup of somatosensory tinnitus that arises from altered sensory input from the cervical spine due to changes in anatomical and physiological functions. Unlike primary tinnitus, usually caused by auditory ...pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
If I had to guess, you've induced some cervicogenic somatosensory tinnitus in him related to the myalgias or post-procedural bounce back. Probably someone who is more of an amplifier than they let on?
FYI..there is a guy in Italy who is creating a cure for tinnitus. He is the same guy who created scrambler therapy.
When it is out, I will post back. Anticipate early next year.
If anyone can find a “cure” for tinnitus, they will be very wealthyAgree with Orin...
FYI..there is a guy in Italy who is creating a cure for tinnitus. He is the same guy who created scrambler therapy.
When it is out, I will post back. Anticipate early next year.
I don't know anything about it but I am told that the inventor is creating a device to cure tinnitus. Sounds daunting but I would not bet against him.If anyone can find a “cure” for tinnitus, they will be very wealthy