Tip for visual learners who are burnt out on studying for the DAT

Started by Sher9mm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sher9mm

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've scoured my local community college's library and dug up all kinds of great old videos. I found a histology series that has really refreshened me on muscle/nerves etc. I also lucked up and realized that my gen chem teacher made an entire video series of his lectures back in the 80s. I've been using the blue kaplan book and just opening to the subject a video is teaching and taking notes, pausing/rewinding.. etc. It's working well for a visual learner like myself. 🙂 I finally feel like I can master a great deal of this material. I took both Bio and Gen Chem during my first year of college and I didn't remember much at all. Slowly building it back up. 😀

Go to the library, and drag out the VHS tapes. Your library probably has a little area you can watch them.
 
This is a great point. I was so tired of just reading stuff that I just wanted to absorb information. There are a set of video tapes that I think everyone should try from Standard Deviants. They have three general chemistry tapes, three orgo tapes, and two biology tapes. I checked them out from the library as well.

http://www.standarddeviants.com/

DesiDentist
 
Oh man great idea. I had not even thought about doing that, and I'm on the beginnings of being burned out of studying after a month and a half. I'll head to the 'brary tomorrow and check out what they got! :horns: