Tips before the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted945327

I’m currently signed up to take the DAT this Friday in the morning. I have gone through 1-8 full length exams on DAT bootcamp and have gone through DAT destroyer (twice for orgo, halfway through biology second time, and halfway through general chemistry second time). I plan on taking the 9th full length exam tomorrow and the 10th the day after. Do you guys have any MUST tips before I take the DAT? Any advice would help. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

One tip that I found useful was to take my practice exams in weird places, like in the middle of the library or in a desk that was slightly uncomfortable etc. I know it may not sound like much, and it isn't really a must, but I can get easily thrown off by small details so it was good for me to simulate a different testing environment before my DAT. Also, make sure you sleep enough and don't work too hard the day before the exam. Other than that just try to relax, make sure to spend time decompressing by listening to music or running or whatever calms you down. With all the work you've done preparing, you definitely have the knowledge to do well, now its just time to execute! Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I had taken exams at many different libraries. For my DAT Bootcamp exams 1-5, I was averaging a lot higher than exams 6-10. I’m talking about nearly getting all biology questions correct along with biology. General chemistry was consistent around 18 in the beginning to around 20-22 on exams 6-10. Not sure what to expect but I have friends that took it and told me the DAT is easier than DAT bootcamp exams. I’m hoping that’s the case for me.

I had taken exams at many different libraries. For my DAT Bootcamp exams 1-5, I was averaging a lot higher than exams 6-10. I’m talking about nearly getting all biology questions correct along with biology. General chemistry was consistent around 18 in the beginning to around 20-22 on exams 6-10. Not sure what to expect but I have friends that took it and told me the DAT is easier than DAT bootcamp exams. I’m hoping that’s the case for me.
I meant getting nearly all biology questions correct along with organic chemistry*

Members don't see this ad :)
For my DAT Bootcamp exams 1-5, I was averaging a lot higher than exams 6-10.
Tests 1-5 are the "Original BC" tests, whereas 6-10 were added when BC bought DAT Genius a few years ago. As such, exams 6-10 have been said to be a little harder than the previous 5 exams. Don't focus on your scores as much as you should on the material. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
get plenty of rest in the days coming up to your exam. 1-2 extra days of studying won't make any difference.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m currently signed up to take the DAT this Friday in the morning. I have gone through 1-8 full length exams on DAT bootcamp and have gone through DAT destroyer (twice for orgo, halfway through biology second time, and halfway through general chemistry second time). I plan on taking the 9th full length exam tomorrow and the 10th the day after. Do you guys have any MUST tips before I take the DAT? Any advice would help. Thank you!

I would say at this point to almost not take any more full length exams. Focus more on your weaker subjects and do light review. Stop studying the day before at least by 3 PM. I averaging 18-20 on my bootcamp exams and scored a 24 AA and a 22 TS so try not to focus too much on the scores that you are getting on the exams. You got this :D

I actually ended up scoring 20 on Biology, 17 for general chemistry, and 21 for organic chemistry on the 9th exam. Not sure if I should be worried to be honest. Frist time attempting this exam too.

I actually ended up scoring 20 on Biology, 17 for general chemistry, and 21 for organic chemistry on the 9th exam. Not sure if I should be worried to be honest. Frist time attempting this exam too.
That sounds like a great place to be! I was scoring some 18s on OC before i took it and ended up getting a 26 so the important part is to understand your mistakes :)