Tips for 3rd year elective in GI?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

illegallysmooth

Smooth member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anyone has any general tips, advice, book recommendations, website recommendations, etc for a third year student doing a GI rotation, that would be fantastic. I'm going to be with a single physician in a private practice (solo, I believe). I have Step Up to Medicine and I'll be sure to read the GI section a few times, and I'll look at some YouTube videos to become more familiar with procedures, but that's about all I have. Any other resources I should check out? I have my texts from the first two years, but I'll be flying to another state for this rotation -- should I lug my path, pharm, and physio texts along with me?