Tips for Chem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Paperclipz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I took Gen Chem around 4 years ago so I do not remember much of it and I scored a 16 on that section on a practice test so I have to study even harder for it.

I just started using Chad's videos (amazing btw) and then planning on tackling the Destroyer questions.

Anyone else use similar study material and scored higher in this section because of it?

Any tips on how to study for this section would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!

I took Gen Chem around 4 years ago so I do not remember much of it and I scored a 16 on that section on a practice test so I have to study even harder for it.

I just started using Chad's videos (amazing btw) and then planning on tackling the Destroyer questions.

Anyone else use similar study material and scored higher in this section because of it?

Any tips on how to study for this section would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!

I'm currently reviewing as well. I think you're on the right track with Destroyer and Chad. I'm using both. Right now, I'm working through watching the Chad Videos. After each one, I take the associated quiz. After that, I go through the notes and the quiz questions I missed/struggled on and make Anki flash cards out them for review later on.

I have the Kaplan DAT book as well. It's good to read as another source of review, but I wouldn't really count on using it too much. It lacks practice problems and tends to be a little too wordy for my taste (i'm much more of a visual learner).

Good luck!

Thank you Longcatislong!!!

I'm actually doing the same quizzes too right after the video :) I was kinda freaking out because it's so much to study and I wanted to confirm that I was taking the right steps to prepare for this.

The best of luck to you as well!!

Members don't see this ad :)
You can try Organic chemistry Odyssey, Organic chemistry as a second language abd ACS books along with the Destroyer. They have plenty of very usefull practise problems with solutions.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

It had only been a year since gen chem and I watched all of the videos for gen chem twice and did all of the quizzes. Some concepts that I found more difficult I watched a 3rd time. I also went through destroyer questions for the gen chem section once and reviewed my answers. I scored a 22 for gen chem on the DAT.
For orgo (my strong subject and more recent), I watched all of Chad's orgo videos once and took all the quizzes. I only did road maps in destroyer (did them until I knew them cold) and scored a 24 on the DAT.

It had only been a year since gen chem and I watched all of the videos for gen chem twice and did all of the quizzes. Some concepts that I found more difficult I watched a 3rd time. I also went through destroyer questions for the gen chem section once and reviewed my answers. I scored a 22 for gen chem on the DAT.
For orgo (my strong subject and more recent), I watched all of Chad's orgo videos once and took all the quizzes. I only did road maps in destroyer (did them until I knew them cold) and scored a 24 on the DAT.
Amazing scores Msmouth!!! Thank you for the tip :) I will definitely do the same.