Tips for concentrating

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rgk27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any tips on how to stay focused and concentrate better. My head has been wandering off lately when I stay and I'm not sure if its because of things going on that havent before, but in started a few weeks ago and can't seem to get over. Its taking away from my studying.

Members don't see this ad.

I dont have any suggestions, but I have the same issue. i can never pay attention in lecture b/c always space out. HUGE problem :(

Have a friend change your facebook and netflix passwords. Block hulu from your computer. Turn off your wireless on your laptop when you want to do work. Turn off your cell phone

Then force yourself to sit in your library's basement at a table with only your schoolwork. At some point you will get so bored that you will start studying for something to do.

... yup, I hated spring semesters.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have a friend change your facebook and netflix passwords. Block hulu from your computer. Turn off your wireless on your laptop when you want to do work. Turn off your cell phone

Then force yourself to sit in your library's basement at a table with only your schoolwork. At some point you will get so bored that you will start studying for something to do.

... yup, I hated spring semesters.

lol thats how i self taught physics to myself lol. It worked! received a 97% in the class.

OP try using several different ways to study, I like flashcards and writing my notes out. If you find ways to keep yourself working, instead of just reading, you will find a more productive and efficient study session. Take frequent breaks and drink water to stay away.

Adderall.

/thread

...seriously, though, get some fresh air. Take a break, enjoy the weather (assuming you're not in Alaska or anything). See a movie. If you can't focus on your work, you might as well do something else, right? And you'd be surprised how much you can lock in once you've cleared your head a little.

If that doesn't work... adderall. :p