Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, they aren't screwed. It's my understanding that the two-year missions involve a great deal more than knocking on doors, especially if they are abroad, and are a tremendous resource for acquiring mature insights and gaining independence. Am I wrong? And even the door-to-door activity could be spun as engaging the public/gaining people skills/etc, no? It's all in how you present it. What did you focus your comments on?Uh oh. I guess the LDS applicants who went on 2-year missions are screwed? It's kinda hard to not put down your mission, especially when so many of us were greatly influenced by them. Not to mention the unexplainable 2-year gap in our education. I didn't hide my religious affiliation, but it would have been pointless since I go to the church school (BYU) and everything... It makes me sad to hear that my mission might hurt my application