Tips for getting an Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tmo1999

Reaction score
Hi, International student here! I am oblivious to the strategies people use to score an interview for dental schools and I would really appreciate your advice. My questions are:

-Do you call up schools before you apply to them so the admissions committee knows you?
-Do you call/email schools as soon as you apply to let them know that you're super interested in their program?
- Would it be okay to call schools and ask them at this point what you make you more competitive for their program?
- My GPA is on the lower end, I am planning to take post-bac classes to improve it. However, I was late to take this decision and will not have my grades for that until May 2021. Should I tell the schools that I am taking post-bac science classes and will have a better GPA soon?
-I just found out that certain masters programs give you a guaranteed interview/acceptance to dental schools. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Members don't see this ad.