Tips for online interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adventureinlens

Reaction score
Due to the outbreak of COVID, I’m sure many of us including myself are going to be experiencing online interviews from now on. Any tips on it? What you would’ve done differently? What do avoid?

Members don't see this ad.

check your wifi speed! And check your equipment (computer, the camera, the mic, etc..). I've had non optometry interviews over skype with Hospitals and my wifi really sucked during the interview. The staff were nice but it added on the stress that I was already experiencing

check your wifi speed! And check your equipment (computer, the camera, the mic, etc..). I've had non optometry interviews over skype with Hospitals and my wifi really sucked during the interview. The staff were nice but it added on the stress that I was already experiencing

A high quality web-cam and plug-in internet cable are preferred (faster than wi-fi). I can blur the background in my office so that my messy office is not shown.

agree with all the tips mentioned above. also highly recommend practicing with a friend/family using whichever video conference app the school is using to make sure you're used to all the features and used to the overall feel of an online interview.

n