Tips for Preparing for the OAT

Dlim

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi has anyone used MCAT study material to prepare for the OATs? My roommate purchased the Examkrackers study set to prepare for the MCATs, but he recently changed career paths and asked if I wanted it before he sells it off. It seems like there's a lot of information and books regarding MCATs, but not so much on DAT's and OAT's. I'm under the impression that the three tests all cover the same material and concepts, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

So to sum it up, is it ok to use Examkrackers MCAT study material to prepare for the OAT, or should I purchase material made exclusively for the OAT?

Members don't see this ad.

From what I've read, a lot of people have been using Exam Krakers and MCAT stuff to study for the OAT, so you should be fine. Just also maybe make sure to get a hold of a software that has the computerized version of the OAT and you should be set! Good luck!

Sorry for the late response, but is MCAT prep considered overkill for OATs? I hear the MCAT is a more comprehensive test and that I would be better off using material put together specifically for the OAT.

I'm not planning on taking the MCAT practice tests to prepare me for the OATs, I'll take OAT practice tests of course.

I've always heard great things about Examkrackers compared to other companies for the MCATs, so I was just wondering :/