Tips on How to pay for tuition in America

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Canuck1233

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Background:
After graduating from my bachelors program, I started working , because I felt weird being 23 and having no real savings.

I have saved up about $40,000 since Sept. I have no debt since I worked during summer. Paying for professional school in America is still quite daunting.

I hate relying on my parents for anything, they are wonderful people and are willing to cover all my tuition cost, but I do not like the idea of having my parents pay, so I paid for my undergraduate education myself and would like to pay for dental school myself.

Question:
What options do I have as a Canadian, professional student line of credit? OSAP would give me about $10,000 I think? the problem with a line of credit is every time you take money out they charge interest I beleive.
Any other options? I do not think there are many scholarships out there.
 
You can take private student loans from US banks, they typically require a US citizen co-signer.
 
Is this specifically for Dent. school? Tuition is quite pricey, so I would suggest getting 2 separate LOC's from 2 different banks if you could + OSAP. That is what I did so far (for US med school though) and I am doing fine (so far).