• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Tips on studying OAT physics/increasing my score?

rah123456789

5+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2013
  1. Pre-Optometry
I'm currently studying for the OAT and I'm taking it in October. I'm constantly scoring high (350+) on every section except physics, my score is always below 300 and I feel like I understand the concepts but I don't know how to answer the questions, if that makes sense. I'm using the big kaplan book and oat destroyer. How did you study for this section? any tips?

Upvote 0

evorage

Midwestern AZCOPT C/O 2021
5+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2015
Glendale, AZ
  1. Optometry Student
I had the same issue and I went to half price books and picked up an old MCAT physics book. I used that along with chads videos and was able to raise my score 60 points in physics in a little over a month of studying. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
About the Ads

yetbun12

2+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2016
  1. Optometry Student
When I was studying, I was scoring 300 or 310 at best in physics on the Kaplan practice exams, but on the real OAT I scored 360. It was still one of my lowest OAT sections but it was definitely easier on the real thing compared to kaplan practice tests. The real OAT is mostly one step calculations, and I found most of the practice were complex multi step calculations. Don't worry too much, I would recommend just memorizing all the necessary formulas and knowing how/when to use them.

Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.