bpop

2+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2017
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Hi guys! I am a freshman in college and just finished a degree in human medical careers (medical assistant, phlebotomist, EKG tech, etc). I just have a few questions if possible and to get some tips.

1. Will my history in human medicine go back on me when applying to vet school?

2. Is there a good major to go for to help with prerequisites? I am thinking Zoology (the college that has a vet school in the town next to me has that major), or maybe Animal Sciences (food animal stuff), or psychology or?

3. Is it difficult to get into vet school? How should I make my application worth it when I get to be a senior undergrad to get accepted?

4. Does anyone have any tips when applying and doing my undergrad to where it'll be good for my application? Like what do they look at when you are applying and during the interview?

5. I am very bad at tests, and for the vet school in my state you have to pass the GRD (the graduate admissions test)... how would I prepare for that when it gets closer to time? I really want to do well with that and also do good in classes, so how would you suggest I prepare for that?

Thank you guys!

DVMDream

DVMNightmare
10+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
The Dragon School
Status
Veterinarian
Reactions: SkiOtter
About the Ads