Tips to study with Dr Romano Notes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Biofilm preventer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

For whoever has dr Romano’s dat books ( math destroyer, and the one that has orgo,bio,chem, and qr).
How do you guys suggest using this book to study, as its layout is just a bunch of questions and then answers.

Am i supposed to be learning the material for this stuff using solely his books or am I supposed to be using other resources?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn’t use the destroyer books to learn, I would use them to reinforce and fill in gaps. His Facebook group has reccomended books to study from first before taking the questions.

I did the questions twice not writing in the books so I could sell them afterwards. The first time when I got one wrong I’d circle the # and try to learn it. If I got it wrong again the second time I’d spend even more time forcing myself to learn it and learn why I missed it.

My tip to you for the DAT is not to study until you know the answer, study until you know why the other options are wrong. It will make taking the exam feel like practice and will help with the speed aspect as well.

This book can take about 2 to 4 weeks of your time. What I did was to study and review the materials first using other resources for chem and bio dynamite for bio and then I started solving the questions on the destroyer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Another tip that made me do well on the actual test is that I wrote down every new information I got from the destroyers.
I suggest you allocate a notebook for that purpose and use colors pens and stuff to make it beautiful.

Albeit, I never looked at my notes, I had like two trash bag of notes that I never read but they helped me retain the information better.

All the suggestions given above are great. A lot depends on you and your strengths and weaknesses. Some students require very little review before starting the Destroyers, and others need a lot of review before attempting the books. If you can do the level of work in the Destroyers, you have a great chance at a high score. Remember the Destroyer is a teaching book, not a book to be used for timing. It takes a lot of hard work to get a high DAT score, but with perseverance and hard work you can achieve that goal.

As I have stated for many years, the best advice I can give any student, "Do not take the DAT until you are fully prepared" , that way you will avoid a retake.

Wishing you the best!

Nancy

Last edited:
All the suggestions given above are great. A lot depends on you and your strengths and weaknesses. Some students require very little review before starting the Destroyers, and others need a lot of review before attempting the books. If you can do the level of work in the Destroyers, you have a great chance at a high score. Remember the Destroyer is a teaching book, not a book to be used for timing. It takes a lot of hard work to get a high DAT score, but with perseverance and hard work you can achieve that goal.

As I have stated for many years, the best advice I can give any student, "Do not take the DAT until you are fully prepared" , that way you will avoid a retake.

Wishing you the best!

Nancy
What if I am not one of those students that require very little review before starting the destroyer books?
What then should I do before starting the books

Then just go for it. If you find you're getting a good portion wrong at first then add studying on the side or study and then do destroyer.
What if I am not one of those students that require very little review before starting the destroyer books?
What then should I do before starting the books

Then just go for it. If you find you're getting a good portion wrong at first then add studying on the side or study and then do destroyer.
So what you suggest that i should study?
And i don’t have any social media so i can’t look on his fb page like you said (lol i know I’m a loser for no social media but just feel it’s a tremendous tremendous distraction cause i have no discipline with that stuff lol)