Tired of deal with mailed application and mailed responses? SEND IT BY SNAIL!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GiantSteps

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
THREAD TITILE IS SUPPOSED TO READ: TIRED OF DEALING WITH MAILED APPLICATIONS AND MAILED RESPONSES? SEND IT BY SNAIL!

I needed a good post to commemorate my 300th post (I realize that 300 is not so many posts on SDN but then again not everyone can log 300 posts a day like RayneeDeigh and T4C :laugh:) and this is it.

Many of you are always complaining about problems mailing your applications and the long waiting time to hear from schools. Most of you even refer to regular mail by the pejorative "snail mail". Well, stop sticking it to the snail! Poor little misunderstood creature. The truth is that a snail really is faster than regular mail - well, at least in Poland!:laugh:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080124/od_nm/mail_dc;_ylt=AvNicEzCbEZxXgZZPL_D.2Cs0NUE

Clearly the snail will revolutionize the Psychology graduate school application process from both ends - applicants and programs. After this news, I predict that next year's SDN Clinical Psychology will be filled with post praising how swiftly their appilcations arrived to schools by snail delivery (I intend to start a new company that handles speedy delivery by snail - all proceeds will go to help fund the education of graduate psychology students and, of course, some to help fund SDN! I have already hired an army of friendly snails which I have decked out in colorful uniforms with matching caps) and how quickly schools replied to their applications by real snail mail! HAIL THE SNAIL!:laugh: Just please remember to put your applications in plastic to avoid the slime factor!:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

:laugh: Let's not give them any ideas! They torture applicants enough already.