Tissue Engineering / Computational Biochemistry and Dermatology

omegalomaniac

5+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
MS1 here thinking about my future career.

I have done two research projects so far: one in computational biochem/drug discovery, and one in tissue engineering/stem cell bio. Both areas are very interesting to me and I am thinking about an academic career, so I want to pick a specialty that lets me explore one of them (and maybe take a research year since I am not MD/PhD). Since I know how these fields relate to surgical specialties (nsx, ortho, etc) I was wondering how they might be relevant to dermatological research, as derm is another field I am interested in.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on these matters. If possible, could someone point me in the right direction to learn more? I have trouble finding things doing advanced pubmed searches but I'll do that if its the best way to learn. Thanks!

asmallchild

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
MS1 here thinking about my future career.

I have done two research projects so far: one in computational biochem/drug discovery, and one in tissue engineering/stem cell bio. Both areas are very interesting to me and I am thinking about an academic career, so I want to pick a specialty that lets me explore one of them (and maybe take a research year since I am not MD/PhD). Since I know how these fields relate to surgical specialties (nsx, ortho, etc) I was wondering how they might be relevant to dermatological research, as derm is another field I am interested in.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on these matters. If possible, could someone point me in the right direction to learn more? I have trouble finding things doing advanced pubmed searches but I'll do that if its the best way to learn. Thanks!

I don't have much experience with either project you mention but I am sure there are derm researchers doing something that overlaps with those projects.

You already hit on the best way to learn more. I would run a pubmed search on the topic of your choice. I would read as many articles as you can. Once you start seeing the same researcher or the same lab over and over again, I would reach out and see if they can accommodate your interest. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.