Tlc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noyac

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So today I show up for work and a nurse comes up to me and asks if I had any problem with TLC coming into the OR with the pt. Well since I was a special request and the pt. was a hosp. employee who had requested me, I said "sure, whatever." See, I work in an area that has a little bit of a different take on medicine. I have had doulla's (?) in the c/s, incense in the OR, and our hosp. has a TLC service for patients that wish to take advantage of it. So I thought that the TLC lady would be there for the induction and then leave. Well, I was wrong. She stayed for the whole case with her CD player (headphones on the pt.) and meditation and rubbing and whatever else. This was odd to say the least.
Have you guys/gals ever had anything like this in the OR. I come from the south. Yeah we got voodoo down there but I comfortable with that. This feel good stuff is a whole nother thing to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Noyac said:
So today I show up for work and a nurse comes up to me and asks if I had any problem with TLC coming into the OR with the pt. Well since I was a special request and the pt. was a hosp. employee who had requested me, I said "sure, whatever." See, I work in an area that has a little bit of a different take on medicine. I have had doulla's (?) in the c/s, incense in the OR, and our hosp. has a TLC service for patients that wish to take advantage of it. So I thought that the TLC lady would be there for the induction and then leave. Well, I was wrong. She stayed for the whole case with her CD player (headphones on the pt.) and meditation and rubbing and whatever else. This was odd to say the least.
Have you guys/gals ever had anything like this in the OR. I come from the south. Yeah we got voodoo down there but I comfortable with that. This feel good stuff is a whole nother thing to me.

Mike,

Gotta be honest with you, bro. If its an aberrant happening, roll with it, let it go, and move on.

How can I say that?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Listen to this story....

Pre-Katrina, my hospital had a very busy OB service.

Several OB/GYN groups.

One of the groups promoted all the "weird sh it" ...the ball, having your baby while immersed in water, no epidurals, natural-is-the-way-to-go, blah blah blah. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(why did i caption laughter heads??? because the result of this situation speaks volumes...)

SO I get called to put in an epidural....

I glance at the chart, knock on the door, and walk into..

LDR 3....................

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dudes, dudettes, this is no exaggeration...

I walk into the room and I see something similar to The Exorcist. Heres this NAKED lady. No sheets. Both hands behind her, holding on to the bed. Total boobs, uhhhh, downsouth stuff, EVERYTHING, .......JUST THERE.

"Heyyyyyy!!!!! "

"I'm Dr Jet. I'm gonna put your epidural in."

Long story short, did the epidural.....lady/baby did fine.

Whats funny is that this ob gyn group who caters to the weird pts had recently brought on a new partner....

and he was on call the night of the Linda Blair pt....

after it was all over...

the new partner...

first name Pat.....

looked me in my eyes,,, with that sincere look....

and said...

Hey Bill....

ARE ALL THEIR PATIENTS LIKE THIS????????

"Nahhhh", I said.

Pretty much the truth.

Yeah, I got the same OB service here.

Don't get me wrong. I don't have any problems with the TLC thingy. I just sat back playing my tunes as always. I did turn it down a little though and refrained from playing any TOOL. I think Maynard (lead singer for TOOL) would have thrown the whole TLC thing into the gutter.

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread is beautiful! What a nice change from the degenerating threads elsewhere.

if I ever end up in one of your ORs for emergent surgery, I'll give you the SDN sign and you'll know it's Dr Dre' or Tool for me!

DrDre' said:
This thread is beautiful! What a nice change from the degenerating threads elsewhere.

if I ever end up in one of your ORs for emergent surgery, I'll give you the SDN sign and you'll know it's Dr Dre' or Tool for me!

TOOL full tilt for you Dude.