****tmdsas 2011****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What are chances...I'm a bio major at utd, sgpa 2.7 cgpa 2.9. I have 500+ hours shadowing ortho,general and pedo. I've worked the last two years as a dental assistant full time.

I don't mean to call you out but I say this to help other undergrads who will apply in the future.

500 hrs shadowing + 2.7sGPA sounds very foolish from an outside viewpoint. All of these hours may just have been from your work as a dental assistant, but to someone viewing your file, the first thing they think is,

"this kid should have spent more time studying and less time shadowing".

Your experience and education has prepared you to be an overqualified assistant but has not prepared you for the demands of dental school.

If you are still working while in school I would seriously consider taking out loans bc you might be looking at having to do post bac/ masters to compensate for your low undergrad GPA.

I know you're very aware of your deficient GPA and are doing all you can to raise it, I just point this out for the benefit of others.

SAFEGUARD YOUR GPA AT ALL COSTS. If you cannot pull a 3.3+ GPA while working, take out student loans.

IF YOU HAVE A LOW GPA AND ALREADY HAVE 100 HRS SHADOWING, STOP SHADOWING AND DEVOTE ALL OF YOUR TIME TO:
1. GPA
2. DAT
3. research, service, leadership, ECs, etc...

Members don't see this ad.

UTDB........Be my friend!! Dude what is going on here with Houston?? Theres been like ZERO movement since the last round went out in March....But when I contacted the school they indicated that there are still "a few" seats left and that people may be holding deposits at multiple schools which could open up a few more seats, also they said we can look for an alternates list to come out around May 1st....I'm remaining hopeful for some end of April good news hahaha!!

Hey aggiedental I think Dallas will be a great place to live. I have already set my mind to living there and I'm excited about moving to a new city. I know you and I are in the same boat with reguards to UTDB but I really do wish and hope you get accepted by them. I will be praying that you will here the wonderful news and won't have to leave Houston.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey aggiedental I think Dallas will be a great place to live. I have already set my mind to living there and I'm excited about moving to a new city. I know you and I are in the same boat with reguards to UTDB but I really do wish and hope you get accepted by them. I will be praying that you will here the wonderful news and won't have to leave Houston.

But.....but....but.... think of how awesome HOUSTON would be!!

I heard dallas smells funny :D

hah! When I visited baylor, they left me with a good impression. I also had a cold that day so I couldn't smell a thing!

Houston humidity is miserable, and the city is dirty.

Hahaha!! I'll take the humid, dirty streets of Houston any day!! And the streets near Baylor aren't the cleanest either haha GREAT school sketchy neighborhood!! JAPREDENT when are you planning on making the move?? I'm waiting until August just in case UTDB decides to show me some love!! May CANNOT come soon enough!! There's going to be a lot of movement going on between the three schools, I was told verbatim that there are several students with multiple deposits at all three schools and that UTDB is not completely full!! So hold on JAPREDENT there might be hope for us still!! If not then I'll pack up the UHAUL and keep it movin!!

I'm waiting until August just in case UTDB decides to show me some love!! May CANNOT come soon enough!! There's going to be a lot of movement going on between the three schools, I was told verbatim that there are several students with multiple deposits at all three schools and that UTDB is not completely full!! So hold on JAPREDENT there might be hope for us still!!

:love:

Already starting looking at some apartments. My mothers friend owns an apartment complex and he might give me a good rate on a place. It looks like I will be up there by mid July. Orientation Starts the first week of august! I'm really stoked about D-school and can't wait to get started!

Congrats CCDDS! When did you receive the email and what day do they want you to deposit by?? Seems like the movement may have started already! JAPREDENT, ya I'm cutting it kind of close by waiting til August, but it helps save money too haha! I think I'm going to live at the Ambrose right across from Baylor, if that's where I end up :)

Congrats CCDDS! When did you receive the email and what day do they want you to deposit by??

According to a post in the Louisville thread, CCDDS posted on 04-09-2011 that he was accepted to UTDB. So maybe the movement hasn't started....

Members don't see this ad :)
Oops my bad Awesometeeth!! I didn't notice that!! Well I guess that can be a good thing then!! More waiting hehe!!

Hey guys,
I called baylor today and talked to Mrs. Pledger. She told me that she has contacted about 5 people on the list and now the list contains 20 people. So, hopefully the list will move by the end of may depending on how many change schools.
Fingers crossed....::)):xf:
:thumbup:

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I called baylor today and talked to Mrs. Pledger. She told me that she has contacted about 5 people on the list and now the list contains 20 people. So, hopefully the list will move by the end of may depending on how many change schools.
Fingers crossed....::)):xf:
:thumbup:

I hope I'm not #20..... someone has to be that number right? =/

How did you contact them? Did you e-mail or call them? They said they are still making decisions? Will UTDB email me whether I got accepted or not?I want to e-mail and ask my status since I didnt receive any email. But, well, at least this is better than a rejecting letter, right?

How did you contact them? Did you e-mail or call them? They said they are still making decisions? Will UTDB email me whether I got accepted or not?I want to e-mail and ask my status since I didnt receive any email. But, well, at least this is better than a rejecting letter, right?

UTDB is still making decisions on people, they're just really really slow right now. If you haven't gotten flat out rejected by them and interviewed there, you're still being considered.

Supposedly alot of movement is going to start in may because people with multiple deposits have to decide on where to go.

If you email UTDB and ask, they'll just tell you the same thing they've told everyone else. "we're still considering students........"

I hope I'm not #20..... someone has to be that number right? =/

haha coolbeans. I hope its not me either. lets hope both of us hear something from baylor. u never know. Miracles might happen sometimes1! :laugh:

Last edited:
UTDB is still making decisions on people, they're just really really slow right now. If you haven't gotten flat out rejected by them and interviewed there, you're still being considered.

Supposedly alot of movement is going to start in may because people with multiple deposits have to decide on where to go.

If you email UTDB and ask, they'll just tell you the same thing they've told everyone else. "we're still considering students........"

Thank you for the news. Lets see what happens in May.

Every time I see an update on the TMDSAS thread my heart skips a beat!! That is soooo not right that im this high strung hahaha!! But yes we'll indeed see in May!! Good luck to those of yall waiting on Baylor!! I hope it works out for yall :D

Thank you for the news. Lets see what happens in May.

Verbatim from Dr. Pierpont: If we have not completed the new class by end of April, beginning May 1 we will only offer to individuals not holding an offer of admission.

(an offer of admission to any of the Texas schools)

i'm assuming

Verbatim from Dr. Pierpont: If we have not completed the new class by end of April, beginning May 1 we will only offer to individuals not holding an offer of admission.

I guess this means Aggiedentalgal and I are in trouble?

Thanks for the information GoBeaux!! OMG JAPREDENT lets hope that's not true and lets give it until May 1st too see what happens....Maybe they'll have one more round go out before that May 1st deadline!!

Thanks for the information GoBeaux!! OMG JAPREDENT lets hope that's not true and lets give it until May 1st too see what happens....Maybe they'll have one more round go out before that May 1st deadline!!

Lets hope, but lately when it involves UTDB hope turns into despair.

I'll be sending up prayers also!! Woot woot this wait is getting my adrenaline pumping :D

Mine is too! Either way we are going to d-school woot woot woot aoowwww!

Hey Yall!! Just wanted to know if anyone has heard any news from UTDB!! Thanks in advance :D

I haven't heard a word from them. They are dead to me.

I wonder if they are even going to send rejection letters, at least get with the program.

I just got an email from Houston saying I am on Alternate List.

Email was send out at 5:04pm

Chk ur email guys!!:thumbup:

Rejection from Houston. Didn't interview

I just found that I am on the alternative list.... so it means I'm on the waiting list, waiting for someone to give me a spot?!! Ah!!!!
What's the situation? My heart is beating so fast from now on and until I get it. It is so challenging! Cross finger!!!!

Last edited:
So there is a alternate list from #1-#n, does anyone know the number of n? They will choose from top to bottom? And we couldn't know where the position we are, right?

atleast you guys have heard something! I haven't heard a word.

So there is a alternate list from #1-#n, does anyone know the number of n? They will choose from top to bottom? And we couldn't know where the position we are, right?

LOL i never knew a list which went bottom to top....

Some schools might tell you your position. Some won't. You could just call/email and ask. It's not a big deal.

alternate list as well. better than rejection I suppose

Take it from someone's who is on several waiting lists right now, rejection is better. You can at least move on with your life and plan for the next cycle instead of hanging on to hope for that phone call/email that may never happen.

LOL i never knew a list which went bottom to top....

Some schools might tell you your position. Some won't. You could just call/email and ask. It's not a big deal.

Take it from someone's who is on several waiting lists right now, rejection is better. You can at least move on with your life and plan for the next cycle instead of hanging on to hope for that phone call/email that may never happen.

already accepted into baylor. just wanted to see if I would receive an acceptance from UTDB or not