TXpredent

Always confused
Aug 31, 2011
Status (Visible)
Hi, I got something expunged off of my record recently and it's going to take 120 days to officially remove it off my record. That being said, when do TMDSAS and AADSAS typically run their background checks? If it's expunged I don't have to mention it on my application and although its a Class C misdemeanor, I don't want anything to count against me, I need all the help I can get.

Do they typically run background checks after they've accepted people? My record will be clean mid August which is probably before either application cycle starts interviewing?

MaceG1

Aug 10, 2010
Vermont
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Typically, Certiphi conducts the background check after you are accepted by a dental school, so you should be okay. I don't believe you are obligated to legally disclose an incident if it has been expunged from your record. What was the misdemeanor for anyway?

TXpredent

Always confused
Aug 31, 2011
Status (Visible)
yeah, but its not officially off my record until AFTER i submit my applications. I had an MIC (minor in consumption) when I was a sophomore in college lol. It's not a big deal but my GPA is a little low and I need all the help I can get if I want to get in.

MaceG1

Aug 10, 2010
Vermont
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
If you're worried about it appearing in the background check, I'd just disclose it on the AADSAS and TMDSAS applications. Schools wont care about a minor. It's serious things like rape, violence, DUI etc that would raise red flags.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.